Artistic Purple Wet Felted Hat
This Artistic Purple Wet Felted Hat is a casual hat that can add a pretty pop of color to your winter.
• This hat's colors range from pale pink to deeper purples. On the turned up tab, there is a stronger mix of colors, including maroon and turquoise blue.
• The hat has a turned-up brim that undulates playfully. The tip of the hat is topstitched to give a contrast to this. Hat style-wise, it's rather like an English Meter Maid Hat.
• The hat is entirely handcrafted and created from fine, soft Merino wool fibers using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible, and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water; this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in the rain.
• The hat measures 7 " / 18 cm in height and 9" / 23 cm in width.
• It's a mediumweight thickness of felt and weighs 4.5 oz. / 128 gm.
• Size LARGE: it fits a range of large to extra large headssizes - 23" / 58.5 cm to 23.75" / 60.5 cm.
• Inside the hat, there's a black-colored, wide grosgrain ribbon with a drawstring. Use this to snug down the hat, if needed.
• Care instructions: felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake. This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand felted wearables.
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.