Felted Blueberry Beret
If you are desiring a fruit hat that is both playful yet chic, this felted blueberry beret is a match. It has a jaunty, playful air that will add fun to a more conservative, tailored outfit. It's very Kawaii, I've been told!
• The color of this felted hat is the sort of dusky blue-violet that you see on a blueberry. While the colors along the base (by the face) and the stem (on top) are a brighter navy blue.
• The beret has a sort of vintage vibe to it in shape, with it becoming more rounded at the top, like a chef's hat. At the very tip, there is a five-pointed, star-like decoration that resembles the stem of a blueberry.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a superfine, 18-micron, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible, and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• Headsize - MEDIUM SMALL and fits a range of 21.75" / 55.5 cm to 22.5" / 57 cm.
• The hat measures 4" / 10 cm in height and 10" / 25.5 cm in width.
• It is heavyweight felt, weighing 3.6 oz / 103 gm.
• Inside the hat, there's a wide, purple-colored, grosgrain ribbon to give a professional finish. This ribbon has a casing and a drawstring to help make the hat smaller, if needed.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand-felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.