Felted Kiwi Neck Cowl
More fun with fruity felted accessories. This Felted Kiwi Neck Cowl can be worn so many ways. Wear it straight with the wool side showing or wear it gracefully folded over so that the silk side appears. Or you can wear it with your head peeping out like a turtle's. Or wear it pulled up over your head. Then, the brown base section becomes earflaps! It's truly a whimsical piece of wearable art!
• The color of this felted cowl is Spring Green with shiny white sections for the center of the fruit and black for the seeds. The base of the cowl is a fuzzy brown, similar to that of a Kiwi Fruit skin.
• This felted accessory has a tubular shape.
• This handcrafted cowl is made from a superfine, 18-micron, Merino wool roving laid upon soft, silk habotai fabric using the technique of Nuno felting. With this technique, the wool fibers migrate through the silk fabric, creating lovely ruching textures.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this cowl will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• The cowl measures 14" / 35.5 cm in height and 13" / 33 cm in width.
• It is a light thickness of felt and weighs 2.5 oz. / 69 gm.
• It's a medium-size neck warmer and fits a range of most head sizes.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This cowl can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Always air dry hand-felted wearables. You can iron if needed, using a low temperature.
This cowl is ready to ship, with complimentary shipping within the United States.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.