Whimsical Felted Eggplant Hat with Wide Brim
After all the serious events of the past year, the Whimsical Felted Eggplant Hat with Wide Brim arrived, ready for happiness. This sculptural hat has a nutty sort of charm. Imagine Dr. Seuss crossed with a Kawaii (Japanese for ADORABLE) eggplant!
Where to wear this ArtHat? Shall we say, the Farmers' Market or would Burning Man be more apropos? Either location you will sure to be the center of attention in this piece of comfortable wearable art.
• This top of this hat is blue-violet in color, like an eggplant. While the underside of the brim is a warm golden orange, similar to when eggplant is sauteed. At the tip of the hat, there is a spring-green sepal and stem.
• The hat has a truly unusual and unique shape. It has an asymmetrical wide brim that dips down on the left side. The crown (or top) of the hat has a sort of stylized Top Hat feature that dances with the brim edge. Growing out of this, there is the Eggplant, which sits toward the back and leans toward the front. It is much easier to describe with photographs! So, there are several for this one-of-a-kind hat!
• The hat is entirely handcrafted and created from superfine, soft Merino wool fibers using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into a strong, flexible, and warm felt.
• The hat measures 14" / 35.5 cm in height and 13" / 33 cm in width.
• It's a heavyweight thickness of felt and weighs 9.3 oz. / 264 gm.
• Size LARGE: it fits a range of- 22.5" / 57 cm to 23.5 / 59.5 cm.
Inside the hat, there is a wide, purple-colored, grosgrain ribbon with a drawstring. Use this to snug down the hat, if needed.
Unlike most FeltHappiness Hats, this particular hat is lined with a soft, silk habotai fabric. Perfect if you are sometimes sensitive to wool!
• Care instructions: felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake. Due to this hat's construction, please limit to spot cleaning with a damp cloth.
You can, of course, wear it in the rain. After all, felt is made with soap and water yet naturally resists water. However, if your hat gets drenched, please dry it by sitting over a wine bottle so that the brim can retain its shape.
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of your ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
If you have any questions or want to look at this hat LIVE on Instagram or Facebook, please contact me.