Fishtail Inspired Purple Beret
Wearing this Fishtail Inspired Purple Beret may cause you to want to skip down the sidewalk because of its cheerful colors and shape. But, please do be careful if it's icy outside.
• This hat is made of various shades of purple-colored wool. There are also shiny purple silk fibers felted in, along with a bit of sparkly blue and red novelty yarn on the fishtail itself.
• The hat looks like a conical beret with a stylized fishtail on top. There's topstitching all along the edge to give crispness to the shape. Additionally, there is professional millinery stiffener on the tips of the fishtail.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a superfine, 18-micron, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
Inside the hat, there's a narrow, 1" wide, gray-colored, grosgrain millinery ribbon.
• Headsize SMALL to MEDIUM: fits a range of 21.75" / 55 cm to 22.5" / 57 cm.
• The hat measures 6.5" / 16.5 cm in height and 11" / 28 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 2.8 ounces / 77 grams.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand-felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.