Nunofelted Raspberry Beret with Corkscrew
This Raspberry Beret with Corkscrew is both stylish and fun to wear. Mix and match it with a pink or red or orange coat.
• The hat's colors are pink and red and it has hand-dyed cotton fabric nunofelted into the beret.
• The hat has a conical beret shape with a slight asymmetry.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• The hat measures 7" / 18 cm in height and 11.5" / 29 cm in width, with the curlicue adding 2 extra inches.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 3.6 oz. / 103 gm.
• Headsize MEDIUM: it's a medium-small sized hat and fits a range of (21.75" / 57.5 to 22.5" / 57 cm).
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake. Spot clean with a clean, damp cloth if needed. This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand felted wearables.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.