Purple Fig Felted Cap Small Size
How about a Purple Fig that you can wear this autumn? This Felted Cap is part of the ongoing Fruit Hat series which combines tastiness with adorable, tongue-in-cheek style. It's not every day that you can be both quirky and ever so elegant, right? Wear this Purple Fig Felted Cap while selecting ripe produce at the farmers's market or while dining on your favorite sandwiches on a picnic.
• This color of this felted hat is a rich plummy purple with touches of lighter violet along the base. The stem of the hat is a soft new leaf green.
• The hat is shaped like fig. But, it also has a somewhat sort of Renaissance shape to it. You may feel like you've seen it in a painting before.... or not.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a superfine, 18-micron, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible, and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
Inside the hat, there's a 1" wide, black-colored, grosgrain millinery ribbon.
• The hat measures 6" / 15 cm in height and 9" / 23cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 2.8 oz. / 79gm.
• Headsize SMALL & it fits a range of -- 21.5" / 54.5 cm to 22" / 56 cm.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand-felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.