Ruffled Purple Beret
This Ruffled Purple Beret is a sculptural hat that evokes underwater creatures such as five-legged starfish and undulating sea cucumbers. Wearing this playful hat, you may feel the urge to skip and jump!
• The colors on this felted beret range from pale lavender to deeper purple, with decorations in periwinkle blue adorning the front.
• This beret is asymmetrically shaped and angles to the left side. There's machine topstitching on the angled ridges on the front and back which adds interest. On the top of the hat, five spokes radiate from a central crater, making the hat resemble a starfish.
• The hat is entirely handmade and created from ultra soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool fiber using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible and warm felt. In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water; this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain.
In addition to Merino wool, the hat has hand-dyed, cotton fabric nuno-felted in for exciting texture.
• The hat measures 5.5" / 14 cm in height and 13.5" / 34 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 5.3oz. / 150 gm.
• Headsize LARGE & it fits a range of -- 22.25" / 57 cm to 23.75" / 60 cm.
• Inside the hat, there's a wide, gray-colored, grosgrain ribbon which has a drawstring cord. Pull on the cord to tighten the fit.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain resistant. Dust is not a problem - just give it a shake. This hat can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship.