Teal Felted Cap with Stylized Peacock Plume
This Teal Felted Cap with Stylized Peacock Plume will help you get in the mood to dance. It has a kinetic element - the wool-made, faux-peacock feather on top, dances as you move about!
• This felted hat is a lovely teal blue-green with brighter spring green wool and silk fibers felted in to make the stylized feathers.
• This cap can be worn asymmetrically angled, with the decorations toward the left. On top, there is a stylized feather attached to a felted wool stem.
HOW IT'S MADE
• This is a handcrafted hat created from soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool roving using the technique of Wet Felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• The hat measures 6" / 15 cm in height and 11" / 28 cm in width.
The curlicue adds a bit more height - 3" / 7.5 cm.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 2.2 oz / 60 gm.
• Headsize MEDIUM-LARGE: it's fits a range of (22.25" / 56.5 cm to 23" / 58.5 cm).
• Inside the hat, there's a 1-inch turquoise millinery ribbon.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake. Spot clean with a clean, damp cloth if needed. This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand felted wearables.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.