Egg Shaped Pastel Colored Felted Hat
This Egg-Shaped, Pastel Colored Felted Hat fits like a cloche. Additionally, it has charm because its shape is similar to that of a Russian Kokoshnik. Plus, the soft colors of spring blossoms infuse this felted hat with a seasonal and stylish feel.
• The colors are pink, purple and rose. Iridescent, white, organza fabric is nunofelted in and makes a pretty band above the brim. Happy circles of pastel-colored, Merino wool, and white-colored bamboo fibers dot the tip of the hat.
• Symmetrical and egg-like in shape, with a taper towards the top.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from soft, 22-micron quality, Merino wool roving, using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience, and lots of work to shrink the fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to Merino wool, this hat has hand-dyed, cotton fabric felted into the wool.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• The hat measures 9" / 23 cm in height and 10" / 25.5 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness felt and weighs 2.8 oz. / 78 gm.
• Headsize MEDIUM : but, fits a range of 22" / 55 cm to 22.5" / 57 cm.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain resistant. Dust is not a problem - just give it a shake.
This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand felted wearables.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
Ready to Ship, with free shipping within the US.
Please contact me if you have any questions.