Almost Classic Yellow Fedora with Organic Shaped Pods
This almost classic, yellow fedora with organic -shaped pods is an easy hat to wear, seemingly flying under the radar. Yet, if you look closely you can see that the sculptural peapods add a something extra and will add to your happiness.
If you like this color combination and style, check out the other hats in the Peapod Series.
• This colorful cool-weather hat, combines three summery colors. Most of the hat is a sunny yellow, with contrasting ombre of emerald green, along the brim. Inside the pods and the hat, the color is a vibrant California Poppy orange.
• This felted hat has a fedora shape with an asymmetrical, flared brim. There's orange-colored topstitching along the tip of the hat. Decorating the right side of the hat are two curlicue peapod-like forms.
• The hat is entirely handmade and created from soft Merino wool fibers using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible and warm felt.
Professional millinery stiffener is hand-painted on the tips of the pods' tendrils to hold their form.
• The hat measures 8.5" / 21.5 cm in height and 10.5" / 26 cm in brim width.
• HEADSIZE - It's a MEDIUM sized hat and fits a range of 21.75' / 56 cm to 22.5" / 57 cm.
• Inside the hat, there's a wide grey-colored, grosgrain ribbon with a drawstring. Use this to make the hat smaller, if needed.
• Wool is a natural fiber that insulates and breathes. Indoors or out, this hat is a comfortable hat and is made of medium-weight felt, at 4.4 oz / 124 gm.
• Care instructions: felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand felted wearables.
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.