Burningman Inspired Felted Hat
While I've yet to attend Burningman, this felted hat was inspired by the creative sculptures and desert colors associated with the festival.
• This multicolored hat includes much of the rainbow: from peachy yellows and warm apricots to soft pinks and pale purples.
• This hat has an unusual shape - sort of like a beanie hat, sort of not. It has fillips, tubes, and cords that resemble botanical forms. Or think of Kandinsky painting where music is put into form. Plus, the hat is warm because it comes down low and covers the ears, too!
• The hat is entirely handmade and created from soft Merino wool fibers using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible and warm felt.
• The hat measures 12.5" / 32 cm in height and 11" / 28 cm in width.
• It's a medium thickness of felt and weighs 5 oz. / 143 gm.
• HEADSIZE - It's a SMALL sized hat and fits a range of 21.5' / 54.5 cm to 22.25" / 56.5 cm.
• Inside the hat, there's a 1 inch wide, gray-colored grosgrain ribbon hand sewn on to the inside of the hat.
• Wool is a natural fiber that insulates and breathes. Indoors or out, this hat is a comfortable hat.
• Care instructions: felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand felted wearables.
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.