Coral and Gray Turban Style Hat
This Coral and Gray Turban Style Hat is unusual and sophisticated in both color and form. It can fly 'under the radar' with its subtle style; however, upon inspection, it reveals its unusual, sculptural beauty.
• The colors of this felted hat are subtle and complex: a grayish taupe with hints of rose and olive green. Decorating the front, are six 'slashes' that reveal a brighter, rusty-red-orange under-layer of wool. You can wear this hat as pictured in the photos, or turn it slightly so that it is asymmetrical (as seen in the last photo).
• This hat has a unique silhouette that evokes a seashell and combines several styles: that of a turban, a retro and a1930's up-do hairstyle.
• The hat is entirely handmade and created from soft, 23-micron, Merino wool fiber using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible and warm felt. In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water; this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain.
• The hat measures 8 inches / 20 cm in height and 10 inches / 25.5 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness felt and weighs 2.7 oz. / 77 gm.
• Headsize SMALL: fits a range of 21.5 inches / 54.5 cm to 22 inches / 56 cm.
Care instructions: Merino wool is a natural fiber that is water and stain-resistant. This hat can be hand washed, in cool water with a gentle soap. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel, shape and air dry.