Red and Gold Biretta Hat
This red and gold felted biretta is reminiscent of hats worn by men during the Italian Renaissance. You can see similar-looking hats in lots of paintings! In addition to the past, the hat nods to the color scheme of a certain house at Hogwarts School: the red and yellow (gold) of Gryffindor House from the Harry Potter books and movies. Extra bonus is that there is a stylized Golden Snitch on the top of the hat.
You could wear this hat to a Renaissance Faire or a Costume Party or just to school or work. While it is sumptuously colored, it has a quiet profile.
• The hat is red with yellow ochre accents from wool fiber, fabric, and metallic threads.
• The hat has a beret shape with additional shaping which lends it more to the Biretta look..
• The hat is entirely handmade and created from ultra-soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool fiber using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible and warm felt. In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water; this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain.
• The hat measures 5.5" / 14 cm in height and 10" / 25.5 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness felt and weighs 2.6 oz. / 73 gm.
• Headsize Medium: but, it fits a range of small to medium -- 21" / 53.5 cm to 22.75" / 57.5 cm.
• Inside the hat, there's a wide, black grosgrain ribbon band with a drawstring casing. Use this to make the hat smaller.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust is not a problem - just give it a shake.
This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Then, air dry.
This hat is ready-to-ship.