Red Felted Skullcap
This red felted skullcap is versatile and can be worn for to a Bar/Bat Mitzvah, a Harry Potter Convention, a Renaissance Fair, or just to wear a simple red hat.
• The hat is garnet red with yellow ochre accents that come from wool fiber, fabric, and metallic threads which are all felted together.
• The cap has a rounded dome shape, similar to a beanie or yarmulke. At the tip is a golden yellow embellishment of fabric.
• The hat is entirely handmade and created from ultra soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool fiber using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible and warm felt. In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water; this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain.
• The hat measures 5" / 12.5 cm in height and 7.5" / 19 cm in width.
• It is a thin to medium thickness felt and weighs 1.8 oz. / 49 gm.
• Headsize Medium: but, it fits a range of small to medium -- 21" / 53.5 cm to 22.75" / 57.5 cm.
• Inside the hat, there's a red grosgrain ribbon.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain resistant. Dust is not a problem - just give it a shake.
This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place small towel inside to shape. Then, air dry.