Red Holly Leaf Felted Pixie Hood
Here's a Red Holly Leaf Felted Pixie Hood to help you imagine that you are living amongst the fairy-folk and other woodland creatures. But, if you find yourself far from your cozy cottage, you will feel warmer outside and within by wearing such a colorful fae style hood.
• This hat is red with a blue-green outline of a stylized holly leaf on each side.
• The hat is shaped like a pointed, pixie hood and has two long ties that are asymmetrical and resemble holly leaves.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a superfine, 18-micron, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• Headsize SMALL to LARGE - fits most grownups.
• The hat measures 12" / 30.5 cm in height and 19" / 48.5 cm in width, from front to pointed tip.
• The ties are 15" / 38 cm long.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand-felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.