Pale Blue Green Top Hat
Have you ever seen pictures of the Caribbean sea, dappled with sunlight? This Pale Blue-Green Top Hat has those colors. Of course, you wouldn't need a warm, felted hat 'down there.' But, wearing this hat, with its delightful colors, will surely help make your winter better... and warmer.
• The hat's colors are a soft aqua, blue-green color with brighter blue peeking out from under the brim. For interest, raised felt circles and slashes decorate the sides of this felted hat.
• The shape of this hat is a marriage between a top hat and a cloche. It has elements of both types of hats. However, the way the brim slopes downwards at the back is a feature of how a cloche fits.
• The hat is entirely handmade and created from ultra-soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool fibers using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible, and warm felt. In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water; this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain.
• The hat measures 7.5" / 18 cm in height and 10" / 25.5 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness felt and weighs 5.1 oz. / 146 gm.
• Headsize LARGE: but, it fits a range of medium to large -- 22.5" / 54.5 cm to 23" / 58.5 cm.
• Inside the hat, there's a wide, gray grosgrain ribbon band with a drawstring. Use this to make the hat smaller.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain resistant. Dust is not a problem - just give it a shake. This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place small towel inside to shape. Then, air dry.