Turquoise Blue Felted Bucket Hat with Wings
This Turquoise Blue Felted Bucket Hat with Wings is what happens when I aimed for fishtails but achieved wings. Yes, it was supposed to look like a fancy goldfish tail. However, it rather looks more like butterfly wings. Nonetheless, it is a charming hat that is a little tall, but not too much.
• The turquoise color of this hat in actual life is much turquoise blue-green than it appears in the photos, where it looks more like Cerulean Blue. After staring at Wikipedia's turquoise colors page, I'm going to say that it is a bright version of 'Light Sea Green '- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turquoise_(color)
On the front of the hat, there are chartreuse-colored silk fibers felted in.
• This hat has a tapered, bucket-like shape and is top-stitched along the edge of the top. On the front of the hat, there are three raised felted 'bumps' that go down vertically like the buttons on a snowman. To the sides of this, there are stylized wings that are slightly asymmetrical. There is a tiny hand-stitch on the tips of each wing to help hold them in place.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a superfine, 18-micron, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• Headsize MEDIUM to LARGE: fits a range of 22.25" / 56.5 cm to 23" / 58.5 cm.
• The hat measures 7.5" / 19 cm in height and 10" / 25.5 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 4.9 ounces / 140 grams.
• Inside the hat, there's a wide purple-colored grosgrain ribbon with a drawstring that can be used to adjust the hat and make it smaller, if needed.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand-felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.