Felted Wizard Hat in Coral, Magenta and Gray
This Felted Wizard Hat in Coral, Magenta, and Gray may not look like a typical, tall, wizard hat. Nonetheless, it has a magical feeling. Think of it as a hat that a wizard would wear on his or her day off!
• Warm and wonderfully colored in oranges and purples that transition to a warm gray at the tip. Inside and under the brim is magenta purple.
• This hat is pointed with concentric rings going up the top. On the front, there is a botanical-inspired, floral decoration that has shiny silk threads on the inside.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a superfine, 18-micron, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• Headsize LARGE: fits a range of 22.5" / 57 cm to 23.25" / 59 cm.
• The hat measures 11" / 28 cm in height and 10" / 25.5 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 4.3 ounces / 123 grams.
• Inside the hat, there's a wide gray-colored grosgrain ribbon with a drawstring that can be used to adjust the hat and make it smaller, if needed.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand-felted wearables.
Like all hats on the FeltHappiness website, this hat is ready to ship.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.