Brown Forest Gnome Hat
This tall, brown gnome hat is both lightweight and warm. It has a wonderful, woodsy texture that resembles tree bark. You can wear this felted hat while enjoying nature (watch for low branches!). Or, you can wear it as a costume hat and pretend to be an Elf, Gnome, Witch or Wizard. Lastly, you could wear this tall hat to a busy Music Festival. If you get separated from your friends, they will easily find you in the crowd!
• The hat is various shades of earthy browns with a smattering of forest green. A lighter shade of green is felted within the vertical 'bark' grooves.
• The hat is shaped like a classic gnome hat: tall and pointed in shape with slight turning up at the front and back brim.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool roving, and 26-micron Merino batting, using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of work to shrink the fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• The hat measures 17" / 43 cm in height and 10" / 25 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness felt and weighs 5.3 oz. /149 gm.
• Headsize MEDIUM LARGE : but, fits a range of 22.25" / 57 cm to 23" / 58 cm.
• Inside the hat, there's a wide, gray colored, grosgrain ribbon band with a drawstring casing. Use this to make the hat somewhat smaller.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain resistant. Dust is not a problem - just give it a shake. This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand felted wearables.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
Ready to Ship, with free shipping within the US.