Textured Blue Earth Beret
This Earth-inspired, royal blue beret is both artistic and easy to wear. Its coloring will remind you of our beautiful earth, its continents and oceans.
• The hat is a beautiful shade of royal blue, with additional Sienna brown wool patterning, swirling across like continents. Pieces of pale blue, hand-dyed, silk fabric have been nunofelted in. Additional textures come from shiny bamboo fibers which can be imagined as clouds. Along the left side, the hat is topstitched by machine in blue thread.
• The hat is slightly asymmetrical and has a slightly rounded top. It is shaped like a beret.
• The hat is entirely handmade and created from ultra soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool fiber using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible and warm felt. In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water; this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain.
• The hat measures 3.5" / 9 cm in height and 10" / 25.5 cm in width.
• It is a lightweight thickness of felt and weighs 2.5 oz. / 70 gm.
• Headsize MEDIUM & it fits a range of -- 22" / 56 cm to 22.5" / 57.
• Inside the hat, there's a gray colored grosgrain ribbon.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain resistant. Dust is not a problem - just give it a shake.
This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand felted wearables.