CELEBRATION of WOOL
Come to the St Bridgid Celebration of Wool, where there will be wool-related demonstrations, presentations, panel discussions, and an exhibition.
I will be sharing the process of wet felting, along with other local makers who work with wool. In addition, I will have a display of my Irish-inspired hats that are made of Merino wool and Irish-raised Jacob wool from Kerry Woolen Mills.
- This Saturday, the 11th of March, from 11 AM - 2:45 PM
- Newbridge Town Hall, County Kildare, Ireland
- Discover master weaver Séamus Kirwan as he shares his hand-weaving and wool from sheep and other animals on how it performs.
- Sharing the latest research on Wool innovations on Wool speaker panel
- Meet Farm to Yarn: sustainable, luxury blankets, 100% Irish wool, sourced from their Wicklow farm and trusted farmers nationwide. Sharing how they started their designs & handmade blankets in Ireland with Ériu, Lionel Mackey and Zoë Daly.
- Wool and Retrofitting using natural products Liam Donoghue, No/Low Energy and Carbon Consultant/Assistant Lecturer – TU Dublin / Retrofit Energy Engineer/ Director IHBA. Liam will speak about the role of Wool today as insulation and for construction uses to preserve Energy.
- Fergal Byrne – an organic farmer, will share his experience in steps to create an organic range #fleecetofashion, the wool and the pattern.
- Rachel Tuffy, Lecturer in Textile Design at the National College of Art and Design, shares wool research, 3D wool insights and demos
- Textile Art by Susan Furneaux Artist, educator and textile nerd.
- From Newfoundland to Newbridge, an Exhibition of work.
- Crafter Susan Stephens-Barimo Susan is an enthusiastic wool and fibre lover. She will share ways to create rugs out of reclaimed felted wool and new and upcycled yarns. The rugs are created by the time-old art of hooking and punching.
- The Art of Making and Mending wool clothing to extend its life.
- Newbridge Knitters with Angela Lane return to share their creations.
- Learn how to Crochet and quiz crafters on their wool work and techniques.
- Latest news from Feltmakers of Ireland.
- Wool repair station with our Ukraine wool repair team as we weave our community stronger.
For more details visit Shamrock Spring's Facebook Page. Hope to see you there!