In December 2021, my family and I moved to Dublin, Ireland. Naturally, I joined the national feltmakers' organization, Feltmakers Ireland!!!
- Holding an Open Studio every Sunday for August Craft Month 2022.
- Exhibiting a series of pods at Sculpture in Context, Thursday, 1st of September to Friday, the 7th of October, in the Wisteria Tent of the National Botanic Gardens.
- Shared the wonders of felt at Dublin Maker Event, Saturday, 23rd of July 2022 in Merrion Square Park.
- Demonstrated beret layout to the Feltmakers' Ireland Guild, March, 2022.
FURTHER BACK, IN THE UNITED STATES:
From my creatively fruitful time living in the suburbs of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, (2014-2021)
- Vended at ArtRider's Fall Crafts at Lyndhurst, in Tarrytown, NY in October 17-19, 2021.
- Vended at A Fair in the Park in Pittsburgh, PA, September 10th-12th, 2021.
- Vended DoorsOpenPittsburgh's Homestead Neighborhood Event, at 309 E 8th Ave, on June 26, 2021.
- Vended Handmade Arcade Virtual Market, November 28- December 6th, 2020.
- Hat exhibited London Hat Week Exhibition, London, UK. Oct 8-11, 2020.
- Sold felted hats and purses at the Pittsburgh Center for the Arts Shop.
- Vended at Handmade Arcade's Winter Market at Market Square, PGH, Dec 28-31st, 2019.
- Vended hats at I Made it! Market @ The Block Northway, PGH, Dec 14th 2019.
- Vended hats at Handmade Arcade in PGH, Dec 7th, 2019.
- Vended hats at Bazaart at the American Visionary Art Museum in Baltimore, MD, Nov 29th & 30th, 2019.
- Vended hats at RISD Craft, Providence, RI, Oct 12th, 2019.
- Vended hats at A Fair in the Park, PGH, PA, Sept 6-8th, 2019.
- Runway Designer at StyleWeekPittsburgh Fashion Show, Aug 17th, 2019.
- Part of the MarketPlace at StyleWeekPittsburgh, Aug 17th, 2019.
- Art hat exhibited at BeanieFest, Alice Springs, Australia in 2019.
- Vended hats at Crafts Alliance, Chautauqua, NY, July 12-14th,2019.
- Vended hats at Mid Ohio Fiber Fair, June 1-2nd.
- Vended hats at Three Rivers Arts Festival, June 15-16th, 2019.
- Vegas Creamsicle Hat was part of a group show at XTerrace's World Garden Exhibition during London Hat Week, April 3rd -12th, 2019.
- Contributed one felted hat to Contemporary Craft's annual, Out of Hand fundraising auction on March 30th, 2019.
- Vended hats at the PGH Creative Arts Festival's Pop-Up Makers' Night Market on Saturday evening, March 16th, 2019.
- Vended at Indie Knit & Spin @ Ace Hotel, February 23rd, 11-5PM.
- Vended at Handmade Arcade, December 8th, 11-7pm, 2018.
- Vended at The Center of Harmony’s Christmas Festival, November 10th, 9-6pm. and November 11th, 2018.
- Shared the Magic of Wool at the Cleveland Mini Maker Faire, November 3rd, 2018l
- Hat Evening at Etc. Wheeling, West Virginia, November 1st, 2018.
- Exhibited one of my hats, ‘Fragile Earth,’ in the Fiberarts Guild of Pittsburgh’s juried exhibition, Inspired, September 23rd-October 18th, 2018.
- Vended at the Wearable Art Market, at Eton Chagrin Blvd, October 14th, 2018.
- Taught a one-on-one Felted Vessel Workshop to the winning bidder of AssemblePGH MakerDate October 9th, 2018.
- Vended at EuroFest 2018, Posvar Hall, University of Pittsburgh, September 15th, 2018.
- Participated in MakerDate2018 to benefit AssemblePGH at the Ace Hotel Pittsburgh, September 14th, 2018.
- Vended at A Fair in the Park, Mellon Park, September 7th, 2018.
- Taught a Felted Vessel Class to the Butler Spinners & Weavers Guild in July, 2018.
- Vended at Three Rivers Arts Festival, Point State Park, Pittsburgh, Booth #207, June 8-10th, 2018.
- Vended at Neighborhood Flea, in the Strip District, 26th & Smallman, May 13th – Mother’s Day, 2018
- Taught how to make a Felted Earth Day Vessel at PGH Knit and Crochet Festival, April 8th, 2018.
- Taught a Felted Treasure Nest class at Creative Harmony Books & Arts, Harmony, PA, March 31, 2018.
- Taught how to make a Wet Felted Hat at Contemporary Craft, Pittsburgh, PA, February 24, 2018.
- Sold felted hats at Steel City Con in Monroeville, PA, December 8 – 10th, 2017.
- Sold felted hats at Handmade Arcade in Pittsburgh, PA, December 2nd, 2017.
- Demonstrated feltmaking at Maker Faire Pittsburgh, October 14 – 15th, 2017.
- One of my hats was included in the exhibit, Blue at Pittsburgh Center for the Arts, Aug-Oct 2017.
- Participated at A Fair in the Park, in Pittsburgh, PA, September 8 – 10th, 2017.
- Demonstrated and sold hats at Art in the Wilds in Kane, PA, June 24-25, 2017 in Evergreen Park.
- Had a booth at the Three Rivers Arts Festival, downtown Pittsburgh. June 9-11th, 2017.
- Three hats were exhibited at Wearable Expressions 7th International Juried Exhibition, Palos Verdes, CA, February 10 – April 16, 2017. They were also included in the catalog.
- Demonstrated carding wool and sold hats at FutureFest2017, in front of Phipps Conservatory in Pittsburgh, April 29th.
- A table full of hats at EuroFest 2017 at University of Pittsburgh, Posvar Hall, Saturday, April 4, 2017.
- Felted Nest Workshop at Creative Harmony Arts & Books, April 1, 2017. See http://www.harmonyartsbooks.com/
- 4th Annual Gift Gallery at Spinning Plate, 5821 Baum Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA. December 7th- 12th. Fri 7-9pm; Sat 10am-5pm & Sun 12-5 pm.
- Felted Treasure Container Workshop at Creative Harmony Arts & Books, December 3rd, Sat 1-3pm. See http://www.harmonyartsbooks.com/
- 2nd Annual Maker Faire Pittsburgh demonstrating wet felting. October 15-16, 2017.
- Participated in A Fair in the Park, Mellon Park, Pittsburgh, PA, (USA), September 9-11, 2016. Won the prize for ‘Outstanding Originality.’
- Three hats included in the book ‘Worldwide Colours of Felt.’
- Accepted into the Craftsmen’s Guild of Pittsburgh, February 2016.
- Became a member of Surface Design Association. January 2016.
- Popup shop in front of Penn Ave. Pottery, 1905 Penn Ave, Pittsburgh, PA, (USA), December 12-13, 2015.
- Meet the Maker at Barnes & Noble’s Mini Maker Faire, in Pittsburgh, PA, near the airport. I demonstrated the mysteries of wet felting on Saturday, Nov 7th. The event ran from Nov 6 – Nov 8, 2015. For more details go here.
- Finalist for the Seagull Hat at The Crafty’s in the category of Felt Crafts.
- FeltHappiness hats and accessories had a showing at Hat Box in Austin, TX “Helping keep Austin weird.”
- Nine hats were part of ArtWear Fashion Week in Fort Collins, CO on October 23rd, 2016.
- Demonstrated feltmaking at Pittsburgh Maker Faire, October 10th & 11th, 2015, Children’s Museum.
- Became a member of the prestigious art group TAFA, Textile and Fiber Arts list. See profile here. January 2015.
- Six hats in “Hat or a Crown?” a group exhibition at Ausrine’s Arts Room in Evanston, IL, (USA). February – March 2015.
- After living almost a dozen years in Norwich UK, moved back to the USA on September 12th, 2014.
Before that. I lived in Norwich, UK (2003-2014) - see link
Arts Organization Memberships:
- Joined Feltmakers Ireland in January 2022.
- Joined International Feltmakers Association in February 2021.
- Joined Northeast Feltmakers Guild in November 2020.
- Joined Fiberarts Guild of Pittsburgh in 2015.
- In Spring 2022, I took Fiona Duthie's Colour Studies in Feltmaking.
- In May 2022, I took Judit Poc's Bud Hat Class.
- In April 2022, I took Zsofia Marx's Brimmed Hat Class.
- In June 2022, I took Judit Poc's Reversible Bohemian Hat Class.
- During to the Coronavirus quarantine, I took the opportunity to expand my feltmaking skills. I attended several stimulating, online felting classes. These include Zsofia Marx's Stunning Hats, Fiona Duthie's Fibre + Paper, Lena Archbold's Loop de Loop Infinity Scarf, and Judit Poc's Form within a Form Class, via the Northeast Feltmakers Guild.
- Additionally, I have watched, via Zoom, many fascinating textile artists' presentations organized by the Fiberarts Guild of Pittsburgh and the Northeast Feltmakers Guild.