Red and White Mushroom Top Hat
This jaunty Red and White Mushroom Top Hat evokes a bit of the Cat in the Hat crossed with Alice in Wonderland. Wear it when you want to channel your inner fairytale.
• This hat is red with a white brim and polka dots made from spirals of white-colored yarn.
• The hat is shaped like a top hat with a bulbous tip and has an upturned brim.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a superfine, 18-micron, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
Inside the hat, there's a 3" wide, purple-colored, grosgrain millinery ribbon with a drawstring. Use this to make the hat smaller, if needed.
• The hat measures 8" / 20 cm in height and 11" / 28 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 5.8 oz. / 166 gm.
• Headsize LARGE & it fits a range of -- 22.5" / 57 cm to 23.75" / 60 cm.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand-felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship and includes complimentary shipping within the USA.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.