Sculptural Gray Beret with Navy Blue Wave
This Sculptural Gray Beret with Navy Blue Wave is an elegant statement hat that can either dress up blue jeans or coordinate with your gray suit. Wear The Gray Wave when you want to be a quiet sculpture inspired by the beauty of flowing water.
• This felted hat has various shades of cool, silver-gray tones with an underlying blue tinge. Across the top, there is a sculptural element in pewter gray, navy blue, and ash gray. Parts of this decoration have shiny, gray viscose fibers felted in to add extra excitement.
• This hat has a simple beret shape that is adorned with a flowing wave of rippled ruffles which start at the right side and cross over the top of the hat, swirling and turning like whirlpools in a stream.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a superfine, 18-micron, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible, and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
Inside the hat, there is a black-colored, grosgrain millinery ribbon that finishes off the edge.
• The hat measures 7" / 18 cm in height and 12" / 30.5 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 4.3 oz. / 120 g.
• Headsize MEDIUM SMALL- fits a 21.75" / 55 cm to 22.25" / 56.5 head size.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand-felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions or want to look at this hat LIVE on Instagram or Facebook, please feel free to contact me.