Beautiful Felted Wizard Hat with Dragon Tail
This Beautiful Felted Wizard Hat with Dragon Tail has gorgeous ombre color and swirling organic movement. And while you could and should wear it to a costume party, you just might want to also put it on a plinth to display it. Yes, it's that yummy!
• The color of this hat transitions from acid green at the base, up to turquoise blue at the tip. There are shiny chartreuse-green, silk fibers felted in along the fins and tail.
• The tall hat is worn asymmetrically with the brim dipping down on one side, reminiscent of a 1920s cloche. There are two flippers or fins on the hat; one on the front and one on the back. While the fins can move, they are discreetly sewn on so that they stay up. At the tip of the hat, there's a fishy tail that turns downward. There's millinery wire attached so you can gently bend and shape your tail.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a superfine, 18-micron, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• Headsize MEDIUM to LARGE: fits a range of 22.25" / 56.5 cm to 23.25" / 59 cm.
• The hat measures 18" / 46 cm in height and 11" / 28 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 6.3 ounces / 179 grams.
• Inside the hat, there's a wide purple-colored grosgrain ribbon with a drawstring that can be used to adjust the hat and make it slightly smaller, if needed.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• Due to the construction of this hat, if needed, spot clean with a damp cloth. Always air dry hand-felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.