~ Adopted ~ Blue Wave Felted Cloche
Sorry, but this Blue Wave Felted Cloche has already been adopted. If you would like your own version of this hat, please contact me.
Another hat inspired by the ocean - the Blue Wave Felted Cloche.
• The hat's colors are light blue and turquoise, with acid yellow and darker blue decorations on the underside of the brim.
• This hat has a rounded top and a medium brim. There are two diagonal 'ruffles' (waves) felted-in the front of the hat.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• Headsize LARGE: it's a large-sized hat and fits a range of (22.5" / 57 cm to 24.5" / 62 cm). There's an adjustable ribbon on the inside to make the hat smaller.
• The hat measures 7" / 18 cm in height and 13" / 33 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 5.1 ounces / 144 grams.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand-felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
I love my hat. Wear it often. It makes me happy!!!