Sculptural Felted Red Leaf Hat
Enjoy the autumnal vibes in this Sculptural Felted Red Leaf Hat. It is a piece of wearable art - a sculpture for your head!
• This hat is richly colored in red, orange, violet, and black with a touch of gray on the veining and stem.
• This asymmetrical, felted hat is inspired by the shape of a leaf. You can turn it on your head so that the stem of the leaf angles toward the front or side. The stem has been handstitched down.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a superfine, 18-micron, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt. Additional texture comes from hand-dyed silk fabric and gray Gotland wool.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
Inside the hat, there's a red-colored, grosgrain millinery ribbon.
• The hat measures 4.5" / 11 cm in height and 19" / 48 cm in length.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 4.4 oz. / 126 g.
• Headsize MEDIUM: fits a range of 22.25" / 56.5 cm to 22.75" / 58 cm.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand-felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.