Unique Yellow and Orange Fedora with Three Peapods
This unique yellow and orange fedora is a piece of whimsical yet wearable art. Its undulating brim will help keep dry and amused.
If you like this color combination and style, check out the other hats in the Peapod Series.
• This colorful cool-weather hat combines three summery colors. Most of the hat is a sunny yellow, with contrasting ombre of spring green, along the brim. California Poppy orange-colored wool is felted inside the pods and interior of the hat.
• This felted fedora has an asymmetrical, flared brim. There's orange-colored topstitching along the creases on top of the hat. Decorating the hat are three peapod-like forms. One of the pods curls under the brim.
• The hat is entirely handmade and created from soft Merino wool fibers using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible and warm felt.
Professional millinery stiffener is hand-painted on the tips of the pods' tendrils to hold their form.
• The hat measures 8" / 20 cm in height and 11.5" / 29 cm in brim width.
• HEADSIZE - It's a LARGE sized hat and fits a range of 22.75' / 58 cm to 23.5" / 59.5 cm.
• Inside the hat, there's a wide grey-colored, grosgrain ribbon with a drawstring. Use this to make the hat smaller, if needed.
• Wool is a natural fiber that insulates and breathes. Indoors or out, this hat is a comfortable hat and is made of medium-weight felt, at 5.3 oz / 150 gm.
• Care instructions: felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand felted wearables.
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.