~ Adopted ~ Yellow Fedora with Green Peapods
Sorry, but this Yellow Fedora with Green Peapods has already been adopted. If you would like your own version of this hat, please contact me.
Do you know the story of the grasshopper who played music, but did not collect seeds during the summer? Well, his well-meaning ant friends tut-tutted him. However, when winter came, the grasshopper entertained his friends with his warming music. This yellow fedora with green peapods is not actually a summer hat, but it (like the grasshopper) will bring the memories of warm summer to you when you need it. Think of it as not just a hat, but a mood uplifter!
• This colorful cool-weather hat combines three summery colors. Most of the hat is a sunny yellow, with contrasting ombre of emerald green for the brim and poppy orange for the insides of the pods and hat.
• This felted fedora has a curving brim. There's orange-colored topstitching along the pinch-fold along the top of the hat. Decorating the hat are two peapod-like forms.
If you like this color combination and style, check out the other hats in the Peapod Series.
• The hat is entirely handmade and created from soft Merino wool fibers using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible and warm felt.
Professional millinery stiffener is hand-painted on the tips of the pods' tendrils to hold their form.
• The hat measures 8.5" / 21.5 cm in height and 11' / 28 cm in brim width.
• HEADSIZE - It's a MEDIUM-LARGE sized hat and fits a range of 22.25' / 56.5 to 22.75' / 58 cm.
• Inside the hat, there's a wide grey-colored, grosgrain ribbon with a drawstring. Use this to make the hat smaller, if needed.
• Wool is a natural fiber that insulates and breathes. Indoors or out, this hat is a comfortable hat and is made of medium-weight felt, at 5.31oz / 144 gm.
• Care instructions: felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand felted wearables.
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.