1920s Style Brown Felted Cloche with Emerald Green Brim
This 1920's Style Brown Felted Cloche is for a woman who wants a traditional Twenties style hat AND wants to keep her ears warm by wearing soft, Merino wool.
This chocolate brown felted hat has a narrow emerald green brim. Additional green, light brown and blue silk fibers add excitement to the outside and under the brim.
• The hat is shaped like a traditional cloche. On the right side, the brim turns up revealing the underside of the hat which is green, blue and a lighter colored brown. There's topstitching for decoration on the edge of the brim.
• The hat is entirely handmade and created from ultra soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool fiber using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible and warm felt. In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water; this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain.
• The hat measures 8" / 20 cm in height and 9" / 23 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness felt and weighs 3.6 oz. / 107 gm.
• Headsize MEDIUM: but, it fits a range of -- 22" / 56.5 cm to 23 / 58.5 cm.
• Inside the hat, there's a wide black grosgrain ribbon band which has a drawstring. Pull on this to tighten and make smaller, if needed.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain resistant. Dust is not a problem - just give it a shake.
This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand felted wearables.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
Ready to Ship, with free shipping within the US.
Please contact me if you have any questions.