Almost Classic Yellow Fedora with Organic Shaped Pods
An almost classic, yellow fedora hat with organic-shaped pods, is easy to wear. Look closely to see how the sculptural peapods add a beautiful organic movement that can add to your happiness. Plus, it reminds you of the amazing green fertility of nature.
If you like this sunny color combination and nature-inspired style, check out the other hats in the Peapod Series.
• Such a colorful cool-weather hat that combines the warm colors of summer. Most of the hat is a sunny yellow, with a contrasting ombre of emerald green, that runs along the brim. Inside the pods and the hat, the color is a vibrant California Poppy orange. Surely, it glows like the hills!
• It's a felted hat that has a fedora hat shape with an asymmetrical, flared brim. Along the tip of the hat, there's orange-colored topstitching to add pizazz. Decorating the right side of the hat are two curlicue peapod-like forms.
• Entirely handmade and created from soft Merino wool fibers using the technique of wet felting. It's an ancient and simple craft that takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink down the fibers into a strong, flexible, and warm felt.
To help the pods' tendrils to hold their form, a professional millinery stiffener is hand-painted on.
• The hat measures 8.5" / 21.5 cm in height and 10.5" / 26 cm in brim width.
• HEADSIZE - It's a MEDIUM sized hat and fits a range of 21.75' / 56 cm to 22.5" / 57 cm.
• Inside the hat, there's a wide grey-colored, grosgrain ribbon with a drawstring. If needed, use this to make the hat smaller.
• Truly, wool is a natural fiber that insulates and breathes. Indoors or out, this hat is a comfortable hat and is made of medium-weight felt, at 4.4 oz / 124 gm.
• Furthermore, felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Moreover, dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• Of course, this hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. and then blot dry on a towel. To shape, place a small towel inside. Always air dry hand felted wearables.
HOW TO FIND YOUR HEAD SIZE:
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
First, take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of your ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. Additionally, an ear-to-ear measurement can be helpful.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Finally, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.