Amanita Mushroom Captains Cap
This Amanita Mushroom Captains Cap that looks a bit like a Mario hat. But it also reminds me of a Greek Fisherman's cap. Either way, it is a fun, fairytale-filled hat that will bring warmth to your head and heart.
• This hat is red and white
• The hat is shaped like a Captain's cap and has a bill.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a superfine, 18-micron, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
Inside the hat, there's a 3" wide, purple-colored, grosgrain millinery ribbon with a drawstring. Use this to make the hat smaller, if needed.
• The hat measures 5" / 12.5 cm in height and 10.5" / 27 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 3.7 oz. / 106 gm.
• Headsize MEDIUM TO LARGE: it fits a range of -- 22.25" / 57 cm to 23.25" / 59 cm.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand-felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.