Amanita Mushroom Captains Cap
Look at this Amanita Mushroom Captain's Cap; it looks a bit like a Super Mario hat crossed with a poisonous red mushroom. Likewise, it's also reminiscent of a Greek Fisherman's cap. Either way, it's a fun, fairytale-filled hat that will bring warmth to your head and heart.
• Instantly recognizable, the Amanita Mushroom Captain's Cap is red and white in color.
• Similar to that of a captain's cap, the hat has a narrow bill. Decorating the top of the flat cap are several raised white spots. Very mushroom!
• Entirely handmade and created from soft Merino wool fibers using the technique of wet felting. It's an ancient and simple craft that takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink down the fibers into a strong, flexible, and warm felt.
• In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
Inside the hat, there's a 3" wide, purple-colored, grosgrain, millinery ribbon with a drawstring. If needed, use this to make the hat smaller.
• The hat measures 5" / 12.5 cm in height and 10.5" / 27 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 3.7 oz. / 106 gm.
• Headsize MEDIUM TO LARGE: it fits a range of -- 22.25" / 57 cm to 23.25" / 59 cm.
• Naturally, felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• If needed, this hat can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Next, rinse and then blot dry on a towel. To shape, place a small towel inside. Always air dry hand-felted wearables.
Need this Fun Fungi Hat, now? Well, it's ready to ship!
Curious about other felted Mushroom Hats? visit HERE.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
First, take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of your ears. Then, make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Most importantly, leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. Additionally, an ear-to-ear measurement can be helpful.
Measure three times: surprisingly, it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
Finally, if you have any questions about the Amanita Mushroom Captain's Cap, please feel free to contact me.