~Adopted~ Artistic Purple Wet Felted Hat
An Artistic Purple Wet Felted Hat is a casual style hat that can add a pretty pop of color to your winter with its yummy spring pastels. Think blooming freesias, all nice and fragrant - only in a hat!
• Ranging from pale pink to deeper purples, this Artistic Purple Wet Felted Hat is a medley of painterly purples and pinky spring colors. On the turned-up tab, there is a stronger mix of colors, including maroon and turquoise blue.
• With its upward turned brim, it is a stylized fedora hat that undulates playfully. The tip is topstitched to give a contrast. Hat style-wise, it's rather like an English Meter Maid Hat. Of course, you can sing 'Lovely, Lovely Meter Maid' to yourself while wearing it!
• Entirely handcrafted and created from fine, soft Merino wool fibers using the technique of wet felting. It's an ancient, yet simple craft that takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into a strong, flexible, and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water and will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in the rain.
• The hat measures 7 " / 18 cm in height and 9" / 23 cm in width.
• It's a mediumweight thickness of felt and weighs 4.5 oz. / 128 gm.
• Size LARGE: it fits a range of large to extra large headssizes - 23" / 58.5 cm to 23.75" / 60.5 cm.
• Inside the hat, there's a black-colored, wide grosgrain ribbon with a drawstring. If needed, use this to snug down the hat.
• Naturally, felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• Of course, this hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. and then blot dry on a towel. To shape, place a small towel inside. Always air dry hand felted wearables.
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
First, take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of your ears. Then, make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Always, leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. Lastly, an ear-to-ear measure can be helpful for depth.
Measure three times: surprisingly, it can vary!
Finally, if you have any questions about this Artistic Purple Wet Felted Hat, please feel free to contact me.