~ Adopted ~ Big Brimmed Red and Blue Felted Hat
Sorry, this Big Brimmed Red and Blue Felted Hat is one of kind, and already adopted. But, if you would like me to make you a similar hat, please contact me.
This dramatic, brimmed red and blue felted hat is a head turner, for sure with exciting, wavy 3D decorations on its crown. Also, the big brim will help keep the wind and rain off of your face whether you are in Peru or Peoria.
• This felted hat is deep red on the crown with blue and red striping under the brim.
• This hat has a tall crown and a wide, undulating brim. The shape is reminiscent of a cowboy hat or perhaps Paddington Bear's Sou'wester hat.
On the right, front side there are three vertical 'waves' that say 'Hello.' The waves continue into three pleats on the tip of the hat. They are topstitched down in matching red thread to help hold the hat's shape. The brim varies in width - at its widest, it is 3" / 7.5 cm.
• The hat is entirely handmade and created from ultra soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool fiber using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible and warm felt. In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water; this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in rain.
• The hat measures 9" / 22.5 cm in height and 12.5" / 31.5 cm at its widest point.
• It is a medium thickness felt and weighs 7 oz. / 198 gm.
• Headsize LARGE: and, it fits a range of medium to large -- 22.5" / 57 cm to 23.5" / 59.5 cm.
• Inside the hat, there's a wide, gray grosgrain ribbon band with a drawstring casing. Use this to make the hat smaller.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain resistant. Dust is not a problem - just give it a shake.
This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place small towel inside to shape. Then, air dry.
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!