~Adopted~ Big Tree Inspired Felted Hat
Wearing this Big Tree-Inspired, Felted Hat will help you stand tall and strong as the tree depicted on the front of it. Is it a Redwood or an Oak? No matter, you can choose your favorite tree!
• This hat is a predominately buttery yellow, with a dark brown and forest green 'growing' up the front of the hat. Inside the hat, there is a layer of vibrant orange, Merino wool which creates a beautiful color harmony with the rest of the colors in the hat.
• The hat is shaped like a very tall bucket hat. Stylized leaves extend up and above the top of the hat.
• The hat is entirely handmade and created from soft Merino wool fibers using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water; this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain.
• The hat measures 9" / 23 cm in height and 9" / 23 cm in width.
• It is a medium-light thickness felt and weighs 3.7 oz. / 104 gm.
• Size LARGE: it fits a range of headsizes -- 22.5" / 57 cm to 23.5" / 62 cm.
• Inside the hat, there's a wide, gray-colored, grosgrain ribbon with a drawstring. Pull on this to make the hat smaller, if needed.
• Care instructions: felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake. Spot clean with a damp cloth, if needed.
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.