~Adopted ~ Black and Gold Beret with Bridge
Sorry, but this Black and Gold Beret with Bridge has already been adopted via the Handmade Arcade 2019 Raffle. If you would like your own version of this hat, please contact me.
Are you seeking an iconic beret that likes to get outdoors, watch Black 'n' Gold sports, and be stylishly unique? This felted black and gold beret with a 'drawing' of a bridge will keep your noggin warm and also be cool looking. But, if sports are not your game, but engineering is - then, you're covered with a whole series of Felted Bridge Hats!
Fun Fact: Did you know that Pittsburgh has 446 bridges, many yellow in color? The Roberto Clemente Bridge, which is right next to the Pittsburgh Pirates' PNC Park, inspired this hat.
But, perhaps you live elsewhere or just adore this exciting bumblebee or Hufflepuff yellow and black color combination. That's good too!
• The hat's colors are black with a golden yellow drawing of a bridge.
• The hat's shape is that of a stylized military beret. It can be worn with the bridge towards the side as pictured. Or you can turn it about.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• The hat measures 6" / 15 cm in height and 11" / 28 cm in diameter across the top.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 4.3 oz. / 121 gm.
• It's a small to medium sized hat and fits a range of 21" / 53 cm to 22.75" / 57.7 cm. There's a wide black grosgrain ribbon with a drawstring on the inside, so the hat can be adjusted.
• Care instructions: felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake. If it does get dirty, gently hand wash in cool water with gentle soap. Rinse, blot dry and shape with a small towel on the inside. Please air dry.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.