~ Adopted ~ Black and Gold Felted Fedora with Tied-arch Bridge
Sorry, but this Black and Gold Felted Fedora with Tied-arch Bridge has already been adopted. If you would like your own version of this hat, please contact me.
This handmade felted hat in Black 'n' Gold honors both the bridges and the beloved sports teams of Pittsburgh. Wear this unisex fedora knowing that you have your own unique bit of Steel City.
Extra tidbit: Did you know that Pittsburgh has 446 bridges? This hat is a tied-arch style bridge.
• The hat's colors are black and yellow, with golden fibers tinting the black sections.
• The tall hat's shape is The hat can be worn with the bridge towards the side as seen in the photos. Or you can turn the hat to find your own front.
• The hat is entirely handmade and created from soft Merino wool fibers using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible and warm felt.
• The hat measures 10" / 25 cm in height and 10" / 25 cm in brim width.
• It's a MEDIUM to LARGE sized hat and fits a range of 22.75" / 58 cm to 23.5" / 60 cm.
• Wool is a natural fiber that insulates and breathes. Indoors or out, this hat is a comfortable hat and is made of medium-weight felt, at 5.3 oz / 149 gm.
• Care instructions: felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand felted wearables.
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.