~ Adopted ~ Black and Green Felted Beret with Curlicue on Top
Sorry, but this Black and Green Felted Beret with Curlicue on Top has already been adopted. If you would like your own version of this beret, please contact me.
This Black and Green Felted Beret with Curlicue on Top is playful in shape and slightly more serious due to its dark green and black color
• This beret is aa greenish-black on its tip and transitions to a brighter, emerald green near the face.
• This beret has a curlicue on top which has been painted with professional millinery stiffener to help keep its shape.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a superfine, 18-micron, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
Inside the hat, there is a wide gray-colored, grosgrain millinery ribbon encircling the edge. Pull-on the drawstring to make the hat smaller
• The hat measures 7" / 18 cm in height and 11" / 28 cm in width. The curlicue when fully extended measures 21" / 53.5 cm.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 382 oz. / 107 g.
• Headsize SMALL to MEDIUM: fits a range of 21.5" / 54.5 cm to 22.5" / 57 cm.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Twist curlicue so that it is coiled when it dries. Always air dry hand-felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.