Black Nunofelted Western Style Hat
This Black Nunofelted Western Style Hat is a lighter-weight felt hat which would be good for Spring or Autumn weather. It has two layers of wool with a nunofelt cotton fabric. (Typically, FeltHappiness Winter-time hats have at least four layers of wool).
• Black with dappled white which comes from hand-dyed, striped, black and white cotton fabric which has been nunofelted on top of charcoal-colored wool. In nunofelting the wool migrates through the fabric. In the case of this hat, the wool softens the stripes.
• The hat is asymmetrical, with an undulating brim and reminiscent of a cowboy hat. The tip of the hat has two concentric rings of topstitching to help hold the shape.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
• The hat measures 6" / 15cm in height and 12" / 30.5 cm in width, with the brim being 2.5" / 6 cm.
• It is a light-weight, thickness of felt and weighs only 3.2 oz / 90 grams.
• Headsize MEDIUM-SMALL: it's a small-sized hat and fits a range of 22" / 56 cm to 22.75" / 58 cm.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake. Spot clean with a clean, damp cloth if needed. Air dry.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.