Blue Green Felted Hat with Curving Brim
This unique, Blue Green Felted Hat with Curving Brim has a bit of whimsey in it because it's inspired by peacocks and frogs. Plus, you can put it on your head and then turn it about - it looks good from almost every angle.
• This hat is a lovely blue-green color with emerald green underneath the brim.
• This hat is one that contains several styles and shapes. As it is photographed, it looks like a cowgirl hat. Turn it slightly to the side and it resembles a 1940's style.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• The hat measures 8" / 20 cm in height and 12" / 30.5 cm in width. The brim width varies, with 3.5" / 9 cm being the widest.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 5 ounces / 145 gms.
• Headsize LARGE: it fits a range of 22.5" / 57 cm to 23.5" / 59.5 cm. There's an adjustable ribbon on the inside to make the hat smaller.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake. This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Then, air dry.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.