~ Adopted ~ Custom Green Leaf Felted Hat
Sorry, but this Custom Green Leaf Felted Hat has already been adopted. If you would like your own version of this hat, please contact me.
Custom Green Leaf Felted Hat RESERVED for Jim, who saw a similar hat at the Chautauqua Institute craft fair in 2019.
Deposit of $26 previously paid by the customer.
• This felted hat is forest green in color with a brighter, spring green along the brim. The felted leaf has emerald green veining.
• The hat is slightly pointed on top and has a felted leaf coming out of a stem on the tip. Depending upon the head size of the wearer, the hat can cover the ears or sit up higher.
• The hat is entirely handmade and created from four layers of soft Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible and warm felt.
• The hat measures 6" / 15 cm in height and 9.75" / 25 cm in width.
• It is a medium-thick felt and weighs 4.3 oz. / 122 gm.
• Size LARGE: it fits a range of headsizes -- 22.75" / 58 cm to 23.5" / 60 cm.
• Inside the hat, there's a wide purple-colored, grosgrain ribbon with a drawstring which can be used to adjust the hat size down to be smaller.
• Care instructions: felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Then, air dry.
Saw Juliane, her beautiful felt art, and her felting process last summer at Chautauqua. Called 8 months later but she had sold-out; so she did a custom order ... turned-out GREAT! Service was awesome and very responsive. Made for a great gift for a birthday girl.