Custom Medieval Inspired Hat with Feather
Custom Medieval Inspired, Blue Violet colored hat with detachable Feather.
RESERVED for Ted.
This is the second part of his order; he has already paid an initial 20% deposit of $36. (The hat costs $180).
• As per the client's request, the hat's color is a deep, purplish-blue in a solid shade. The client emailed me a sample which is called Space Blue.
On the upper front of the hat, there's a small, pewter gray, felted vessel with a deep crimson, horizontal band. Tucked inside this vessel is a detachable, handcrafted feather made from felted wool and millinery wire. The feather is white with very pale gray at the tips. The feather has been stiffened lightly with millinery stiffener. Due to the inner wire, it can be gently shaped, as needed.
• The hat has a tall cone-like shape, which is called a 'Sugarloaf.' Along the base of the hat, the edge is turned up and has rounded tabs. These taper in size, from large in the front, to smaller in the back.
• This handcrafted hat is created from a soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible, and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magic stuff!
• The hat measures 12.75 / 32.5 cm in height and 10.75" / 27 cm in width.
• It is a heavy thickness of felt and weighs 11.7 oz. / 333 gm.
• Headsize LARGE: it's a large-sized hat and fits a range of 22.75" / 58 to 23.25" / 59 cm to go over the client's ears.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand-felted wearables.
It would be better to ~not~ wash the feather as it's delicate. However, it should be able to take some rain. The feather is shipped alongside the hat and can be tucked into the vessel.
Shipping is included within the USA.