~ Adopted ~ Custom Pagoda Hat in Black and Green
Sorry, but this Custom Pagoda Hat in Black and Green has already been adopted. If you would like your own version of this hat, please contact me.
Custom Pagoda Hat in Black and Green for Diane, who has kindly paid a deposit of $60. Hat to ideally cover customer's ears. Additional gray-colored, bamboo fiber decorates this hat.
This smaller-sized Pagoda hat was the inspiration.
• This hat is made of black and green Merino wool. The inner layers are emerald green and the outer layers are dark charcoal gray and black wool, which gives a greenish cast.
• The hat has an unusual shape, with it being square with four pointed corners. On top of this, there is a sculptural pagoda-inspired form. At the very tip of the hat, there's a curlicue that has been stiffened with professional millinery stiffener.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a superfine, 18-micron, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
Inside the hat, there's a 1" wide, black-colored, grosgrain millinery ribbon.
• Headsize LARGE: fits a 24.25" head size
• The hat measures 7" / 18 cm in height and 12" / 30.5 cm in width. The curlicue hangs down 5" / 13 cm.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 4.7 ounces.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat is okay in light rain. But, due to its construction, spot clean only. Air dry.
This hat is ready to ship.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.