~ Adopted ~ Custom Red Curlicue Beret for Mary
Sorry, but this Custom Red Curlicue Beret has already been adopted. If you would like your own version of this hat, please contact me.
This chic and fun, Custom Red Curlicue Beret is Reserved for Mary.
• This felted beret is varying shades of red: ranging from scarlet to cranberry.
• This hat is shaped like a beret and leans to the right side. It has a 15-inch long curlicue-ed corkscrew that has millinery stiffener to help keep its shape. There is machine topstitching around the edge to add crispness.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a superfine, 18-micron, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible, and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
Inside the hat, there is a red-colored, grosgrain millinery ribbon encircling the edge.
• The hat measures 6" / 15 cm in height and 12" / 30.5 cm in width. The curlicue when fully extended measures 15" / 38 cm.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 3.4 oz. / 96 g.
• Headsize MEDIUM - fits a 22.5-inch head size.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand-felted wearables.