Cypress Tree Felted Bucket Hat
This Cypress Tree, Felted Bucket Hat evokes the warm buttery light of summers in Italy (or California), where the hills become golden against the olive green trees. Wearing this piece of wearable art will lift your spirits and remind you of dreamed of vacations.
• The hat's colors are pale lemon yellow with contrasting sage green. The innermost layer of wool is vibrant orange which works surprisingly well.
• This felted hat has a bucket shape with a narrow flared brim. Decorating the front and one side are five organic-shaped, sculptural forms that resemble Italian Cypress trees. Each tree is hollow and has a hole.
• The hat is entirely handmade and created from soft Merino wool fibers using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible and warm felt.
• The hat measures 8" / 20 cm in height and 9.5" / 24 cm in brim width.
• HEADSIZE - It's a medium to large sized hat and fits a range of (22.5" / 57 cm to 23.25" / 59 cm).
• Inside the hat, there's a wide black-colored, grosgrain ribbon with a drawstring. Use this to make the hat smaller, if needed.
• Wool is a natural fiber that insulates and breathes. Indoors or out, this hat is a comfortable hat and is made of a lightweight felt, at 3.6 oz / 102 gm.
• Care instructions: felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake. Spot clean with a clean, damp cloth if needed. Air dry.
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.