~ Adopted ~ Dark Purple Felted Fig Hat with Stem
Sorry, but this Dark Purple Felted Fig Hat with Stem has already been adopted. If you would like your own version of this hat, please contact me.
Enjoy the fruits of summer in the winter by wearing this Dark Purple Felted Fig Hat with Stem.
• This hat is dark purple with a touch of green-colored felted wool on the stem. Purple silk fibers decorate the sides and add a bit of shine.
• The hat looks like a delicious purple fig.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a superfine, 18-micron, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
Inside the hat, there's a wide, gray-colored, grosgrain millinery ribbon with a drawstring. Pull-on to make the hat smaller.
• Headsize MEDIUM: fits a range of 22" / 5 cm to 22.75" / 58 cm.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand-felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
It's really been too warm to wear it here in Nashville, but if I don't wear it sooner, I will wear it to a Hallowe'en party on Saturday. I have an appropriately coloured sweater to wear, so I will be a fig! But everyone I've modelled it for loves it.