~Adopted~ Dark Purple Felted Wizard Hat with Unicorn
This Dark Purple Felted Wizard Hat is bewitching to wear and evokes magic. Gnomes from fantasy tales would love this felted hat, with its magnificent height and delicious purple color. This tall hat also looks a lot like a mythical unicorn horn, complete with the curly mane, made from wool.
• This hat is colored like a dark jewel, in darkest purple, almost black. Brightly colored stripes made of silk fibers dance vertically on the hat. The underside of the brim is a strong purple.
• The hat is shaped like a unicorn's horn or a pointed gnome's hat. It has a narrow, turned-up brim. The brim measures 1.25" / 3 cm. Along each side of the hat are five insets of greenish-purple, iridescent, felted-in fabric. The front and back of the hat also have an inset, over which curly, purple locks sprout - hinting at horses' manes and tails. Along the front and back of the hat, there are pairs of tiny purple beads that accent the undulating 'stories' of the hat.
• The hat is entirely handmade and created from soft superfine Merino wool fibers using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of massaging and kneading to shrink the fibers into a strong, flexible, and warm felt.
• The hat measures 20" / 51 cm in height and 10" / 25.5 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness felt and weighs 9.4 oz. / 268 gm.
• Size LARGE: it fits a range of head sizes -- 22.25"/ 56.5 cm to 23.25" / 59 cm.
• Inside the hat, there's a gray-colored, grosgrain ribbon which can be adjusted to make the hat smaller, if needed.
• Care instructions: felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
However, due to this hat's construction, please limit cleansing to spot cleaning with a damp cloth.
You can, of course, wear it in the rain - after all, felt is made with soap and water but naturally resists water. However, if it gets drenched, please dry your hat by sitting it over a wine bottle so that the brim can retain its shape.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.