~ Adopted ~ Dusty Blue Cloche
Sorry, but this Dusty Blue Cloche has already been adopted. If you would like your own version of this hat, please contact me.
Sometimes, you want to hide in a hat. This Dusty Blue Cloche covers your ears and envelopes your head like a hug, leaving you feeling cuddled in soft felted wool,
• This cloche is a soft dusty /dusky blue in color, with darker and lighter shades of teal and blue-gray wool. Some of the lighter parts look like soft contrails curving against the sky.
• This deep cloche has a rounded top, with three curving ridges that have been topstitched in blue. On the right side, the brim turns up, revealing a circle of hand-marbled cotton fabric.
• The hat is entirely handmade and created from soft superfine Merino wool fibers using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of massaging and kneading to shrink the fibers into a strong, flexible, and warm felt.
• The hat measures 9" / 23 cm in height and 10" / 25.5 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness felt and weighs 5.9 oz. / 166 gm.
• Size LARGE: it fits a range of head sizes -- 22.25"/ 56.5 cm to 23.5" / 59.5 cm.
• Inside the hat, there's a gray-colored, grosgrain ribbon with a drawstring which can be adjusted to make the hat smaller, if needed.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake. This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Please air dry your hand felted wearables.