~ Adopted ~ Fantasy Felted Pagoda Hat with Corner Curlicues
Sorry, but this Fantasy Felted Pagoda Hat with Corner Curlicues has already been adopted. If you would like your own version of this hat, please contact me.
Sometimes there are 'what ifs?' This Fantasy Felted Pagoda Hat with Corner Curlicues is a demonstration of what felt can be made to do - with a bit of patience and cunning. Put on this wearable art so you can feel like a piece of rare Art. Or Architecture!
• This hat is made of black and green-colored wool. The inner layers are green and the outer layers are black which gives a greenish cast. Alas, this shows more in person, versus the photos.
• The hat is shaped like a pagoda, comprising of three stacked squares that are felted together. At the corner of each square, there is a small curlicue that curls upward. Each curl has been stiffened with millinery stiffener. Coming down from the base of the hat is a neckpiece that becomes two long, felted ties.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a superfine, 18-micron, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
Inside the hat, there's a 1" wide, gray-colored, grosgrain millinery ribbon.
• Headsize SMALL to MEDIUM: fits a range of 21.75" / 55 cm to 22.5" / 57 cm.
• The hat measures 6" / 15 cm in height and 13" / 33 cm in width. The ties hang down 30" / 76 cm.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 5.7 ounces / 162 grams.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat is okay in light rain. But, due to its construction, spot clean only. Air dry.
This hat is ready to ship.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.